Wednesday, March 25, 2009

OMG a new blog

Yes, my dears, I have a new blog to bore you with. It is guaranteed to be full of pictures and tales of my crafty pursuits and random information about my life.

So let's see here...what's been interesting. Well last night Nathan and I completed our storm spotting class at Baptist East. I know that I won't get a lot of practice with it (hopefully anyways) since most of our bad storms are at night, in the dark. But if one comes through in the day time, I know what to look for and what isn't a tornado. I was really interesting to learn about all the phenomenons that I would have sworn were funnel clouds or tornados. The funny thing was the list of the various sizes of hail that get reported. Some of the ones I liked were: "sonic ice", "half sucked jawbreaker" and "robin's egg". Amber was there too so it was nice to catch up with her and goof off a little. Once I got home, I did have to wade through my sidewalk that was full of nightcrawlers that were like a foot long. I stepped out of the car into the rain and thought I had stepped on a baby snake or something. But sadly, just a worm.

On the craft front, I am 3/4th's done with the Clapotis Shawl that I spun the yarn for. I apparently spun some really thin and some really thick, but I don't think it is too noticeable and I like it which is the most important thing. I have pictures of it in progress, but because I am a slacker, they are still on the camera. I will tide us all over with a picture of the yarn I spun.

Yay, for yarn!!!!

Ok, I am sure to be boring people now, so I am getting back to work.

Love,

Jen

1 comment: