Saturday, June 13, 2009

Storm damage and new surprises

Today, daddy showed up at my house about 9:30 this morning. He never calls, just shows up. So I hear his diesel turning the corner and I'm like "holy fuck" and make the mad dash to find something to wear as my tired ass just woke up. But we went and got some breakfast and then to Lowe's to get some stuff to stake up my tomatoes. I did get lucky and found metal stakes that are about 6 ft tall and are twisted into spirals. Um, and I bought a cilantro plant. After 4 failed attempts to start it from seed and keep it alive, I shelled out the $3.50 and bought a damn plant. I will keep it alive if it is the last thing I do. But back to tomatoes. I put up a stake on each end of the rows and then strung hemp twine through the plants. I think it will hold up really well and looks a lot better.

I had to get out there because of the bad weather yesterday. It wasn't as bad at my house as it was elsewhere but my babies took a beating. I was out inspecting yard and weeding and found this:

That children are baby raspberries. I think I am officially declaring my black thumb green. In celebration, here is a pic of the bee balm that is blooming right now. Looks a bit like fireworks I suppose, so it's fitting for my upgrade from plant killer.



And last but not least, because no day is complete without a sock update. Here is the first of the Sunshine socks. I started the 2nd and I am on track to have it done in plenty of time, so I am putting it aside to get Trudy's other Wicked sock done and to her by the 24th. Cross your fingers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment