So, just a little update since I have been in both a crafting and blogging rut for the last like ummm....9 months. Well since the boy and I have broken up, I have been knitting like a mad woman. My former boss and I(before I moved departments more on this later) went down to Oxford, MS for their Fiber Arts Festival. It was small but very nice and some of the nicest people I have encountered in a while. We had really bad directions so we called the local knitting store who gave us directions to the store and then pointed out how we could walk to the festival from there. Amazing shop (Knit 1 Oxford) If you're ever down there, please find this shop and give them some business. I bought a 40" circular needle that I needed for a Mobius Cowl and I got some sock needle holders. Anyways, at the festival, I bought 4 oz of merino in a pink/plum colorway (it's going to be a fan and feather scarf when it grows up. They also had free sample bags!!! The one I took was all in peacock feather colors. It will be a cuff style bracelet, I think. I am spinning that on the drop spindle right now. I also bought 2 bags of angora to try spinning. The bunnies were so cute. Wittle bittie babies!!!! After we looked at everything, I stopped at the front table to look at the raffle prizes...much thanks to the raffle ticket lady who suggested Ajax Cafe....Yummmm. I have been craving fried eggplant ever since.
So, after a day of good conversation, food, and knitting inspiration....here are my latest projects.

It's about time you showed up. That baby set is adorable and the hat is an awesome color. What's that hat pattern?
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah, I hope you're doing well! Thank you for the compliments. The hat is the Quick Cable Slouch Hat by Azure Knits
ReplyDeleteyay! you posted! i miss you!
ReplyDelete