Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Almost there

I have two tiny little strawberries that are about halfway ripe. As long as the birds don't steal them, Nate and I will have our very first homegrown dessert. Although it will be a very small homegrown dessert. I'm just glad that my black thumb is lightening a bit. My cilantro is hanging in there and my mint that I thought I eradicated accidentally is back with a vengeance!! Squash and watermelon are going in this weekend and I'm gonna make a little cage for the strawberries.

On the knitting front, the Marlene socks are 3/4's done. I am not going to have them done for this month's KAL, but it will be close. Close enough that I think I can finish them and the next pair by the end of May. I should find out Friday what the next pair will be, so I am excited.

Otherwise, it has been a pretty good couple of weeks. I have a lot coming up. This week we have been entertaining Auntie Pam who is down from Illinois. I love her to death, just in smaller doses. This weekend is Summerland's Mayday and next weekend I am camping at Shelby Forest again for SDCW's Mayday. This will rock as our coven will all be tent camping and will form Fort Laughing Moon. I need to sew up a little banner for it.

Well, it's time to clock in. Hope all have an excellent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment