Monday, April 20, 2009

new week, new post

Last week and this weekend were complete whirlwinds. Work had me running around like crazy for a change. I helped get stuff ready for competitions and am suffering from an unreasonable number of paper cuts. Sadly, I should be back to the phones now. Friday, I was packed for Daughters of the Moon and then alternating between pacing and tapping my feet waiting to leave for the airport. All of this was between calls from Jenn (the other best friend, not me talking in 3rd person) letting me know if she was able to get stand by flights since Mother Nature decided that it was a good day to dump a foot of snow in Colorado Springs. But she got here and we made it to Shelby Forest in one piece.

DoM was great...as it always is. The workshops are fantastic. Meeting women of all different backgrounds is amazing and the fact that there can be 50 women in one small camp without there being drama and stupidity...priceless. But Sunday came around to quick and Jenn was back to the airport by 6:30. I went home and back to bed. Now I am getting ready for work.

However!!! I did manage to finish the first Marlene sock...ain't my husband's feet sexay!!



This evening...the sunflowers will join the rest of the garden menagerie and I will at least take the top layer of ick off of my house. I am off to find work clothes now...








No comments:

Post a Comment